The purpose of the Gender & Sexuality Studies listserv is to create a space for posting and receiving information on intellectual/scholarly events and projects (such as research projects or special issues of journals) pertaining to gender and/or sexuality studies.
Through our Google Groups listserv, CSGS sends information about events we are organizing and/or co-sponsoring; in addition, all listserv members are welcome to e-mail the listserv with information about relevant events, news, etc. Activity on the listserv can amount to several e-mails per week during the academic year.
To join the listserv, send a blank email to email@example.com with the word “join” in the subject line.
Once subscribed, you may send postings to gender-studies(at)nyu.edu — but please adhere to the following guidelines.
The Gender & Sexuality Studies listserv is currently an unmoderated list. What this means is that any subscriber can post directly to the list, and we would prefer to maintain this open format. In an effort to do this, we are encouraging you to adhere to the following guidelines when posting to the listserv. Posters who repeatedly violate these guidelines may be unsubscribed from the list.
- No postings of an event of a commercial nature. For example, we discourage posting of events at bars, restaurants, nightclubs or other venues that are charging an admission fee unless the fee is a donation and part of a fund-raising event.
- No postings of real estate. If you have or are looking for an apartment/house/vacation/commercial rental/sale, please do not post this to the Gender and Sexuality Studies list. There are other free online venues for this type of announcement (Craigslist is one such option).
- No postings of resumes/CVs.
- No postings advertising professional services.
- No postings of personal or commercial blogs or websites for the purpose of self-promotion (spam).
- Job/internship open position announcements ARE allowed as long as the position is related to gender and/or sexuality.
- Postings of film, book and other media releases are allowed as long as they pertain to gender and/or sexuality studies AND are being offered by a non-profit organization.
- Postings of research studies are allowed as long as they include the name of the investigator; affiliated institution; and IRB approval number and approval date.
- Please try to limit posting to the listserv to no more than once per day, when at all possible.